Preschool & Kindergarten Programs
Blossom Hill Country Day School offers both half-day and full-day preschool programs and a full-day kindergarten program. Extended care is also available to any child enrolled in any of our full-day programs. Hunterdon Country and Clinton Township schools, such as Spruce Run and Patrick McGaheran, pick up and drop off children enrolled in our kindergarten and extended care programs.
Children learn and play together in an atmosphere rich in opportunities for exploration and structure. They are encouraged to solve problems in an accepting and nurturing environment where creative thinking is embraced. Basic skills are introduced based on each child’s level of desire and ability. Activities are designed to refine motor skills and children become acquainted with math concepts, science, language, and computer use. Our highly trained staff encourages our preschool students to reach beyond their current abilities and teaches that mistakes are acceptable learning tools that enhance educational and life experiences.
A Day in the Life of a BHCDS Student:
- We meet and greet preschool children as they arrive
- We start the day casually and slowly choosing activities from centers and independent activities
- Classes begin with daily routines and group lessons for the day
- Preschoolers make choices of educational activities prepared for them by our experienced staff
- Take a break with a snack and a story
- Go outside for some fun in the sun
- Lunch bunch crunching and munching with friends
- For some preschoolers it’s nap time, for others there are afternoon classes in math, science, social studies, and computer use
- Brief snack
- Go outside for swinging, sliding, building castles or digging for treasure
- We end the day with a big hug, a wish for a great night and a “See you tomorrow”
Preschool & Kindergarten Curriculum
Blossom Hill Country Day School utilizes The Creative Curriculum®, which gives the teachers tools to address areas of literacy, mathematics, science, social studies, art, technology, and socialization at the preschool level. Each classroom is designed with center based learning in mind. Centers include art, blocks, dramatic play, library, science, math, toys and games, sand and water, and writing (for the older classrooms). Preschoolers work independently, in groups, and with the teacher to get a well- rounded academic experience. Today, The Creative Curriculum® is widely regarded as a forward-thinking, comprehensive, rigorously researched curriculum approach that honors creativity and respects the role that teachers play in making learning exciting and relevant for every preschool child.
Pre Kindergarten Curriculum
Extra Curricula Activities
Our sports program offers a half hour, well-planned and coordinated program of sports and exercise designed specifically for today’s young people ages 2 and up. The goal is to expose children to many different types of sports and fitness activities at a very young age. Our program helps students develop their large motor skills and coordination, while improving their posture and creating an early desire to become physically fit.